607 N. Broadway
Hastings, MI 49058
Medicaid and Long Term Care FAQ
As you can imagine, we get a lot of questions related to Medicaid, nursing homes, long-term care and related topics. Simply click on the question below to see the response.
Questions (click to view)
- I've heard that if I enter a nursing home, the state may take my home. What can I do to protect my home?
- My attorney has already drafted a Living Revocable Trust. Shouldn’t that protect my assets from nursing home costs?
- My spouse owns an IRA that does not have my name on it. Is my spouse’s IRA a countable asset if I apply for Medicaid?
- I own a farm that consists of my home and 100 acres, plus 75 acres across the street. How much of the property is considered an “exempt homestead” for Medicaid purposes?
- What is the “Federal Deficit Reduction Act” and how does it affect Michigan nursing home residents applying for Medicaid?
If you have a question that you'd like to ask us, please visit our Contact Us page and we'll be happy to get you an answer.